Hello there potential registrant.
Why register? There are two main reasons:
- If you want to participate in a blog
- If you want to create posts
This page is intended to provide tricks and tips regarding registering for the CJC website and blog. There are a couple of tricks one needs to keep in mind while going through this process. The registration page has been setup to prevent robots from performing registrations on the site and hence generate spam or uninvited content.
To reduce this risk, we have setup what is call a “Captcha” dialogue. This little security measure asks a simple math question which requires you to read the problem and fill in the blank portion with the appropriate value. This is the function that most registrants forget to perform and the dominant cause for registration failures.
Another tip is the login name and email address. The login name is considered to be an alias which will be used to annotate the author of a blog or comment. If you are somewhat squeamish about having your name displayed on the website, use some that you will remember as your login ID. For example, if I was to use my email address ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ and a login name of ‘HMBMartin’, all of my posts and comments would display the name ‘HMBMartin’ as the author. You will be able to update your profile with you first and last name upon receipt of your verification email and temporary password.
Now, on with the step-by-step process for registering….
NOTE: If you are reading this post, you may want to save this page to a file on your PC or open another browser tab such that you can refer back to these instructions.
- Go to the home page of the CJC Website.
- Note the right column. It should have a link labeled “Register”.
- Click on the “Register” link and you will be taken to a registration page that looks something like this:
- Once you have entered information on all three fields, click on the “Register” button.You should receive an email with your Username and a temporary password. If you have any spam protection software, like Postini, you may need to check your “junk” folder or filtered email repository (fancy word for spam folder) for this email.
- Once you’ve received your temporary password, login to the CJC website. You can do that from the Home page or the “Log in” link left by the registration page.
- Once logged in, you will be directed back to the Home page. You may note in the upper left hand portion of the home page, you will see some test that says “Coastside Jewish Community”.
- Hover your mouse icon over those words and a “Pop-up” should appear. Click on the link labeled “Dashboard”.
- The first time you login with your temporary password, you should see a message that makes note of your “auto-generated” password and asks if you would like to change it to something you’ll remember.
- Click on the “Yes, take me to my profile page” link and you should be directed to a page that will allow you to update your profile information. Here you can provide your full name, a “Nickname” which will replace your login name as the author for your posts and comments, various contact information, and last but not least, a “New Password”. Remember to click on the “Update Profile” button and you’re done.
If you should have any issues, send an email to and we’ll try to help.